This Lemon Sugar Scrub is one of my all time favorite DIY skincare recipes. It is quick, simple, and it always leaves my skin feeling soft and looking rosy! This scrub is great for everyone, however, it has added benefits for anyone with age spots or freckles because the Alpha-Hydroxy acids and Beta-Hydroxy acids of lemons aid in lightening the hyper pigmentation.
Here is what you will need:
- 2 Cotton Rounds (A wash cloth will work too)
- Lemon Juice, either fresh or the little plastic lemons.
- A pinch of sugar
It really is quite simple. Here’s how you do it.
- Begin with a clean face.
- Soak the cotton round in lemon juice.
- Sprinkle sugar on top of the lemony soaked cotton round.
- Scrub around your face for 3-5 min.
- Rinse with cool water.
Here are a few tips. Make sure you scrub close to the hair line where a lot of oils from your scalp will fall. Remember to scrub around your lips to remove dead skin and residual make up. Finally, despite its sweet appeal I assure you this does not taste like lemonade.
Enjoy your new glowing skin!