Olive Oil is one of the most used products in my house. Not only does it make a nice vinaigrette and pair well with almost anything I am cooking, it has also become very useful in my skincare regimen. One of my favorite ways to use it is in this super simple sugar scrub. I know you must be thinking “EW, put that on my face and I will break out for weeks!”. Fortunately that is NOT the case. One of the first tips I picked up YEARS ago when I first began coloring my hair was that “Like removes Like” which at the time meant to remove the color I had on my forehead and ears I needed to put more color on it and scrub to remove it. The same goes for oils on the skin. Good oil such as olive oil removes bad oils on your skin that cause clogged pores and blemishes. Olive Oil has also been used for hundreds of years as a moisturizer for the skin after shaving. So here we go.
For this scrub you will need:
- 1 Jar ( I used a mason jar, but any container will do. If you are making a batch of it use a jar with a lid)
- Olive Oil
Begin with pouring the olive oil into the jar. I tend to never make more than a half of a cup at a time or the sugars will begin to crystalize before I can use it all. Then add an equal part of sugar, and stir.
Here are a few ways I use this miracle scrub.
- I keep it at my kitchen sink as a nice hand scrub for after doing dishes or as a little pick me up when my hands are tired and dry.
- I use this in my shower as an all over body scrub, especially after shaving my legs! You will have gorgeous shiny legs.
- I use this as an exfoliant for my face, especially in the winter when my skin feels the most dry.
- This also works great on eczema prone skin to gently exfoliate any breakouts naturally.
** BONUS ** In all my years as a make up artist, olive oil is still my absolute favorite eye and lip make up remover!
I hope you all enjoy the many benefits Olive Oil has to offer.
Please feel free to comment below with any blog or vlog topics you would like to see.