If you’re looking for the perfect dessert for a BBQ, you might want to consider something you can also throw on the grill. These grilled apricots are one of my favorite grilled desserts.
Here is what you will need:
- Apricots (1 Apricot per guest)
- Sliced Almonds
- Agave Nectar
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (Spring for the good stuff)
Here is how you make the Chocolate Syrup:
- In a small sauce pan pour in 1/2 cup of agave nectar
- Then add 4 heaping spoonfuls of your cocoa (This syrup is all about preference. You make it the consistency of a regular chocolate syrup, but after that it is up to you how sweet or rich you want it to taste. For sweet syrup use less cocoa, for richer syrup add just a little extra cocoa until you get your desired flavor.)
- Stir together over medium to high heat.
- When the mixture begins to bubble remove it from the heat and let it cool, it will thicken as it cools.
Now the Apricots:
- Cut the apricots in half and remove the pit.
- Grill for 5-10 min over a medium flame. (They will have grill marks, and will begin to look juicy)
- Drizzle with Chocolate Syrup
- Top with Sliced Almonds
These are so delicious, and simple to make at your next outdoor event. Let me know what you think of them!